Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

This time last year me & hubby were just a few days away from him leaving for his year long deployment to Afghanistan. This year we are a little more than those last year's few days away from hubby being HOME!!! I can only hope that this will be an amazing year, way better than this past one. Which I have to say, I am thankful that I can look back & say I made it through 2010 by myself without my life partner here by my side, I can say I made it through a deployment (which I never would have dreamed of having to do this in my entire life), I can say I've become stronger than I ever thought I could be, and I can say even though millions of miles apart....we made it through 2010 together! He did an awesome job - he made me proud, he stayed safe & sound, he kept his head up through all of the junk & kept me positive as much as I could be, he kept me filled with his love & communicated with me as much as he could every step of the way, he did it!!!! I did it!!! We did it!!! Here's to bringing in the New Year apart still, but very much together in heart! I will see him soon! I love you babe!
Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

8 comments:

Expat Girl said...

What a great post! Happy New Year, you can be so proud of getting through 2010 : )

Anonymous said...

AW yay! You are going to rock out in 2011! I can feel it! I bet this year you guys will buy a house..and then have a baby. lol ...or either get Charlie another doggie sibling. lol

lmc said...

Happy New Year and YAY YAY YAY for it almost being HOMECOMING time!!!

Beka said...

Yay to getting through 2010 and this deployment! I'm glad he's almost home and you guys grew together!

Mrs. H said...

You did it!!! So very proud and happy for you!!! Now you can join the proud club of deployment survivors :) Can't wait till he's home!!!!

Hey Aimee Nicole said...

He's almost here, I can't wait to see homecoming pictures:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being a fabulous, badass, super strong DEPLOYMENT SURVIVOR!! :) You are awesome and I hope your hubs gets home VERY VERY SOON if he is not already home by now :) You deserve to be really proud of yourself and your marriage!!

ancient one said...

Congrats... so proud of you and Matt. Love you both !!!