Monday, April 12, 2010

Title Block

I have no title for this particular blog...I'm just going to blog about what's on my mind. *Watch Out lol* Ok, so tomorrow marks a big day in this deployment, but I will do that blog tomorrow. But we have been in this deployment for a 1/4 of the way (as of tomorrow). Some days are easy, some days are hard. It's just as simple as that.
Not a day goes by that I don't think about my husband & miss him with every beat of my heart. But, on the good days sometimes I feel a little guilty for having so much fun without him here & him over there doing who knows what. I know he would want me to be happy & have fun, but it's just something I feel sometimes. I used to try to prepare myself for this deployment, but I don't think there is any preparing for this. You just have to embrace it & grab it by the reins & make of it what you can. The bad days come & you feel like you just can't go on anymore & you want to give up. But, not only do you want to give up - you want your husband home with you NOW!!! You feel as if that day will never end, but when it does, you look back & realize you made it through another day. And that gives you that joy, that hey - you can do this:) Sometimes, I feel as if this deployment is just a roller coaster of emotions from day to day.
It's a little difficult not knowing how you are going to feel some days. For the most part, I feel like I have done great with my emotions & all. I feel like hubby has as well and I am so thankful it hasn't been as bad as it could be. Hubby tends to keep me happy & upbeat and I love talking to that man. He makes my spirits so high. He is more than my other half, he completes me in every way. I will always honestly say - he IS my best friend. And we WILL get through this deployment together all the way.

2 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Seriously, I could have written this post, I think every word of what you said is true. Its all a rollercoaster and when its good, it passes by easier but then I feel bad about it being good! A quarter of the way...congrats!

ancient one said...

I think you and Matt are both doing a good job with his deployment. (((hugs)))